This is how my mechanical part looks like:
I did the coding part with JMyron Library in Processing. My code contrasts the previous and current image to find blops and puts points on that blops’ x and y’s. After that it gets the average points to create an iris. For creating boundaries for the eyeball, I compare the distance between the iris’s x and y’s and the big white eyeball’s.
double dis(float x1, float x2, float y1 , float y2)
return Math.sqrt((x2-x1)*(x2-x1) + (y2-y1)*(y2-y1));
I got Sina’s help to smooth the movement.
if( dis(objx,320,objy,240) > 140 )
xPos = xPos*0.9 + 320*0.1;
yPos = yPos*0.9 + 240*0.1;
I will map this 2D movement to 3D environment. After that, the code is done.
Then, I will put the gel coat on the mechanical part.
But first I have to shorten it, so I did. Now it is much lighter.
Since we had some troubles about the hand made motor drivers, we ordered them they will arrive tomorrow.
This is one funny photograph while we were measuring the part which will be cut: