The video mapping process is very complicated since theres not a official software for it. Also mapping can done on almost everything today so the equipment can vary. The basic project steps and the needed equipment is my fist research and here is the outcome:
- 1 projector
- 3D surface
- Software to create the animation
- Software to project the animation
- Choose a 3D model surface on which you plan to make the projection. Place it accordingly to your virtual coordinate systems origin.
- Take measurements for the position, orientation and lens-characteristics of the projector.
- Find out the field of view of the lens and the lens shift from projectors manual.